What A Wonderful Day For A Write

February 15, 2012; 0753

And, a Very Merry Lupercalia to you all!!

What is going on, dear friends? How doe life find thee this morning?

How does life find me?

Of this, I am not exactly certain. I am in the strangest little vortex, here of late. Nothing is bad. Things aren't perfect (so to speak) , but nothing is bad. In fact, in spite of some of the mild, lingering zaniness I feel fairly at ease and positive. I am at peace.

Just as much as I feel that I have watched many things fall apart and go awry over the past several months, I see now, so much, just easing itself into place. Slowly...but then, I suppose that's why I used "easing."

I'm not sure what I am writing about this morning. I only know I felt as though it was time to write. In hopes of distinguishing this writing from a regular 'Sunday Post' I am not using the program I regularly use but am, instead, writing directly on the blog.

I had such a wonderful time with the girls last night. We celebrated Valentine's Day with some muffin pizzas for dinner (everybody's favorite) and I baked (and decorated) a big heart cookie for dessert. They each got a rose and some chocolates and then I got them two small things to share. We also had hot chocolate with mini marshmallows with our dessert. :)

I realized last night just how curious Makayla is. I mean, I knew she was curious, but she is REALLY curious. She's always wanting to look something up. Last night we looked up Valentine's Day (obviously.) That led to some interesting learning. Such a very mysteious holiday and yer we all embrace it so very easily.

She also wanted to look up heaters. Heaters for the home. When were they invented. Well, apparently, the electric heater as we know it came into existence in 1937. 75 years ago. Fancy that. However, home heating, in and of itself, has been a very evolutionary process. For instance, the Romans had their own system of central heat for a home.

Then she wanted to know when washers and dryers were invented. Apparently by the 1850s there were large, steam-operated commercial dryers in use.

Perhaps this was inspired by her homework assignment to look up G.W.G. Ferris (and some other dude) and learn what they invented. I do know that the other dude had invented an earlier version of the gas mask we know today.

However, I think it fairly obvious what Ferris invented for the fair.

But, did you know it all started in Pittsburgh, PA? Really? Pittsburgh? There should so be like a 6 story Ferris Wheel in Pittsburgh to commemorate that. I'd go. And I hate Ferris Wheels. (I do. Don't ask.)

Or, perhaps, it was just the fact that she knew she could. They don't have the internet at home.

As usual, there was some Baby Mama Drama along with the evening. The usual what nots but it has raised an interesting question and I will touch on that on Sunday I think.

Oh shit!!

It's Wednesday. Wednesday, oh Wednesday.

(Deep sigh.)

Tonight I must face this all again. Face her.

But, I think I have found resolve. It was a fun little fantasy. A moment of wonderful whimsy. From it, I was able to write as I haven't written in a very long time. It was inspiring and refreshing.

But, now it is back to reality. It...is...absurdity. The most ridiculous tomfoolery. It may border on insanity....

Wow...sorry....totally walked away. Not that you would have noticed - except that I'm not really on that last roll anymore. Besides, I reached the point in that rambling that is better left for Sunday.

Well anyway...my day seems to have peaked now. I am ready for my gig tonight. Things are straightened and organized. My work for the week is falling into place.

The only thing left is a visit with...."The Pil-Man"

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pause for Station Identification

Re-chekin' the 11-Day Chicken

To Be Continued....(sometime...)