A Name By Any Other Rose…

April 22, 2012; 1743

Hey Gang!

Welcome to my life…

Where anything is possible and nothing is as it seems. I’m Freedom and I’ll be your host, coming at you from within…

The Depths of Geistopiaaaaaaaaaa

Velcum to my Life ees a prochect, un experiment een Life unt ART, A liwing storyboard, if you vill. Eet’s premise ees zat you can, and do, experience za life you choose. Eet ees based on za Veel of Life unt za ARTs for za New Millennium as life building tools. Ya. Eet’s true.

Welcome to my Life is an ITV Studios/Geist…House production. JustUs Productions, the parent company, would like to give a ‘Shout-Out’ to the following for their ongoing, and oft times unknowing, inspiration and support:

Princess Cuddlebug

Princess Sunshine

Craze & Co.

The Shaman

The Pillar

The Entire Putt-Putt-Putter Clan

FaeriePrincess

G-Man

Berton

The Baker of the Cornbread

The VanMan (may he R.I.P.)

The Messengers of the Galactic Federation

Osteen, the Son

The Sitter

The WhiteRose

The Fallen Angel

Punky Brewster

Sir Thomas

Jojo Dancer

Mr. NiceGuy

Senior Swankypants

Da Boyz from da Hood

The Witch Dr.

The ‘Original’ Mr. Baggins (and His Wife)

The Socialite

B-Lo

The WhiteGurl

“Ronnie’s Boy”

CH-Eckhart

LisaLisa Monet

The Ziatonic Antagonist

Otto

Prof. Siggy Chong

Pasturizer

The Piz-Nifer

Dancing Queen

Downtown Donny Brown

Mama Rabbit

And, of course, a very generous sponsor who pretends to want to be anonymous.

(*Semi-Legal mumbo-jumbo jargon fine print – my thoughts, my words. Bug off if you think you theivin’ them.*)

It is Sunday, April 22, 2012. Time….Slip Slidin’ Away!

It has been a most excellent week. How could it not have been? I had 5 days to live in my own reality. In fact, I am pretty much right smack dab in the middle of them at this very moment.s

This is not to say that I took 5 days off from work. Quite the opposite. I scheduled my weeks so that all of my “real” work would fall at the beginning of the first and end of the second. And the plan was to do as much of my own work as I could during the time in between. So, I have done.

I got the “office” organized, worked on the new show, finished a recent video project, got all of this year’s financials and paperwork up to date, organized files and folders and calendars and such; and, made a plan.

At this point I have one more past due project to get completed. Then, I feel accomplished. I do not expect to finish it in the next two days but, if things go as smoothly over the next couple of days as they did during the past few, I should be able to move it along.

Now don’t get me wrong. I certainly took some time for myself during this hiatus as well. First, I went out Friday night for a little while. One of the other dad’s from Makayla’s dance class messaged me to see if I wanted to come out for a bit. He actually thought maybe I had the girls. Which I normally do on the 3rd weekend of the month. But they went on a mini-fishing trip this weekend. Nonetheless, I hung out with him and his daughter at this place called Rascals. It was pretty cool – Restaurant/Bar/Arcade/Laser Tag/Bumper Cars and Climbing wall.

I did do the laser tag…and yes…I even did the climbing wall.

Kind of.

I also dedicated several hours, two nights in a row, to some good XBOX 360. It has been some time since I have sat down for a good gaming session. I felt I deserved some – since it will probably be some time until I do it again. Well…except for tonight. Tonight is the perfect night what with the rain and all.

Tomorrow is a new day and a new week. I hope to start it off with a new “approach.”

I have stated several times in recent writings that somewhere between there and here…I lost myself. I lost sight of who I am and who I choose to be. I lost sight of the things that made me me.

Tomorrow I hope to get up and start at those things fresh and new.

I am currently wrestling with the Rediscovery Tour.

The time frame I originally saw – July into August – still works. It still seems the “best” time. Yet, there are other things, other perspectives, that may allude to something else. There are so many things on my table right now, and the slightest change in any one of them could keep me here.

So, this got me to thinking. The first thing that grabbed my attention was the obvious – not leaving means more/better time with the girls over the summer months, which is really the best time to do all these things that they like to do.

Then practicality set in. It actually does make more sense to put it off for a while, give myself time to prepare properly. I figured it out and gas alone is going to be about $1800. Then there’s food, possible lodging, unavoidable tolls, admissions, etc. Not to mention the work I really would like to have done on the van before I go.

I started looking at other travel possibilities. After the designated time frame there really is no opening until Nov. 1. Mid-August is a vacation week with the girls which could technically be moved if needed. Then mid-September id the Cabaret which, I suppose could also be moved.

Hmmmm…..

(I think it’s interesting that on your end you probably can’t tell which thoughts are thought out and which ones are revelations in the moment.)

So, now I have a second possibility to look at.

Part of my concern was the season in which I traveled. And, not for the reasons one might imagine. The cold doesn’t bother me. The winter driving doesn’t bother me. Neither one thrills me but I could tolerate it.

My main concern is the experience.

One of the purposes of this trip is to “rediscover” life – people, events, experience. Summer is the absolute best time to find these things. I thought for a moment about pushing it off exactly one year…but that’s too late.

(Especially when you consider that the meditations have been all about “nothing will change until you get back.”)

September isn’t the summer, but it tends to carry a lot of spill-over. I must contemplate on this, though I can tell you already, the “feeling” is still July into August.

I just can not fathom how it can happen….but then…mayhaps that is part of the point.

So for now, it is still on for July-August. I will be posting my itinerary sometime soon. I am also going to be posting a list of “stuff.” I have known since day 1 that this was going to be challenging to accomplish. I know what’s involved in these trips now and cross-country is a big one. I did it once before…but gas was much much cheaper then.

I don’t know exactly how I got through that one either. I know I had no money at the end of it. In fact, I was white knuckled all the way from Harrisburg to Allentown on 78 because I had no money left and the car was runnin’ on fumes.

But, despite that, I still – somehow – made it through the entire rest of the journey and that was about 3 or 4 weeks.

However, I am not too proud to ask for help. This is a big trip. I know it’s important.

(It must be. It is the exact same trip from 14 years ago…minus the places already traveled.)

I also know that no matter how much importance I put on it I will not understand just how important until it is done. That’s what happened with Arizona. I knew I was going but I had no idea why, and it wasn’t until long after all was said and done that I realized just how it how it was.

The thing about Arizona was that the two major events themselves were really big, but more amazingly, it was the way that everything fell perfectly into place for me to be where I needed to be precisely when I needed to be there. Even if I had planned on doing what was done I could have never set it up to play out the way it did. And, THAT is the most amazing thing of all. I had nothing to do with any of it. All I did was show up. I set off in a direction because that was where I was told to go. The rest was just life…happening. It all happened of it’s own accord. And I think that brings me to this…

God, Or Not…It’s All Pretty Fuckin’ Divine

I think that pretty much says it all. I wrote a lot about this last week, but the groove just kind of carried over. Even as I sit here now, life has happened and as unsure as I am within it, it is playing out perfectly each moment.

How is that anything but Divine??

Anyway, in an effort to “keep it real” I have started a list of what it is going to take to pull this off – in as much as resources and rations and such. I am going to post a list asking for help.

Perhaps someone has something they can can loan me, or sell to me cheap…

(Or even just give to me…Why limit things?)

I will even take cash/car donations. I’m not talking about a lot of money, but hey…if all of my friends gave a dollar I’d have…well…I’d have…ummm…I’d…..I’d probably owe someone at the end of that transaction, so….

If each of you gave $1 that would be a tremendous thing. Every little bit helps. I’m not expecting people to give me money, but as I say, who am I to limit other people’s generosity?

It is the same reason for posting the itinerary. I figure maybe one of you is from some town or another along the way. Or, perhaps, you know someone who is.

I can always use a sandwich, perhaps a shower, maybe even a floor to sleep on. But it never has to be that much either. Just someone to have a cup of coffee with, touch on a little reality, perhaps get a point in the right direction…

Every little bit helps.

For better and more timely updates on the “Re-Discovery Tour” you can check my Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rev-Matt/112206658810348

Also, you can check the WTML group page on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/276715739046/

It is now Wednesday, and once again, I find myself finishing Sunday’s Post. Normally I would be frustrated by this. I get so frustrated that it can get so chaotic and this is always the thing that gets put aside, “until there’s time.”

However, this week is a little different. As I said, I scheduled time this past week specifically for getting things in order and that has been happening. Even today, I was granted this window of opportunity because materials I need for assignments have not yet arrived. So, I can not do the work.

And despite the frustration of that, much like Arizona, I look back at the past 7 days and look at what has been accomplished and what I have come through and how it has happened…once again…it’s all pretty Divine.

A few more tweaks here and there, around the square, and I should have myself back to that point of “Daily Maintenance.” You know what I mean? That point where you have gotten things organized and sorted and arranged precisely the way you want, you need only “touch base” with it all for a brief moment each day to maintain it.

I’m there. I can’t remember the last time I was there….

Ok…well..I’m not quite there….but I’m damn close.

It seems to me that, for now, that is all there really is to say. But I notice there has been no Theme or Lesson for this week….

Hmmm…..

(rests head on folded hands in a pensive manner….moments later….)

 

Do What You Need to…for you

The simple fact of the matter is the life is about you. It’s not about them…It’s not about someone else or everyone else. Your life is all about…YOU. So you must always do what you need to do for you…first.

There seem to be two reactions to this kind of a statement. Many people react as if it that is as obvious as the nose on a face. And, just as many respond as though this is a selfish approach to life.

I think it is common sense myself. But, I didn’t always. You have to be there for people. you have to help people. You have to think about others. BUT…

If you fall along the way how can you do any of this? So, you must take care of your own needs – physically and spiritually – first. Keep yourself on track and the rest falls into place.

 

Find The Flow

I write often about “Following the Flow,” but in order to do that you must first find it.

Too often in our journey towards a goal, or whatnot, we get so set on where we must be and how we must get there that we fail to see where we are really being led.

I often use a river to illustrate this. When I talk of following the flow, I talk of how you ride the current of the river. You do not try to change it’s direction.

Before we are following the flow we are setting off in our direction. Often we come upon rock walls and stubbornly we try to cross them as if they weren’t even there. All the while telling ourselves, “The destination is right there…on the other side.” We insist it is “the” way.

We forget that no matter how it may look at the moment, no matter how far out of the way it may seem to carry us, the flow always brings us to the other side.

Or think of driving, you do not cut across 6 residential properties because where you want to go is right on the other side. You must follow the flow of the traffic, the roads. But, first, you must find it.

(Then you must accept it.)

 

Feedback

Feedback has always been my favorite part of WTML, and also, the one I get to play with the least. I have long said that this is actually the most vital part of the project and have strongly encouraged folks to leave comments.

From here in Geistopia, for now and for always, I am your beloved Rev. wishing you…

Love

Light

Peace

and Freakishness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pause for Station Identification

Re-chekin' the 11-Day Chicken

To Be Continued....(sometime...)