Tonight…I fell in Love with a Stripper (and it’s not Bill’s fault)

It’s true. It’s all true. There is no denying it. My world was flipped upside down. But…

It’s NOT Bill fault.

It’s really not. He was a mere victim of circumstance.

Hey Gang!

Welcome to my life…

Where anything is possible and nothing is as it seems. I’m Freedom and I’ll be your host, coming at you from within…

The Depths of Geistopiaaaaaaaaaa

Velcum to my Life ees a prochect, un experiment een Life unt ART, A liwing storyboard, if you vill. Eet’s premise ees zat you can, and do, experience za life you choose. Eet ees based on za Veel of Life unt za ARTs for za New Millennium as life building tools. Ya. Eet’s true.

Welcome to my Life is an ITV Studios/Geist…House production. JustUs Productions, the parent company, would like to give a ‘Shout-Out’ to the following for their ongoing, and oft times unknowing, inspiration and support:

Princess Cuddlebug

Princess Sunshine

Craze & Co.

The Shaman

The Pillar

The Entire Putt-Putt-Putter Clan

FaeriePrincess

G-Man

Berton

The Baker of the Cornbread

The VanMan (may he R.I.P.)

The Messengers of the Galactic Federation

Osteen, the Son

The Sitter

The WhiteRose

The Fallen Angel

Sir Thomas

Jojo Dancer

Senior Swankypants

The ‘Original’ Mr. Baggins (and His Wife)

The Socialite

Roxie Heart

Prince Charming

Sir Patrick Wylde

Saint Diane

Mudslide

The Unnamed One

LisaLisa Monet

The Ziatonic Antagonist

Otto

Prof. Siggy Chong

Pasturizer

The Piz-Nifer

Dancing Queen

Downtown Donny Brown

Mama Rabbit

And, of course, a very generous sponsor who pretends to want to be anonymous.

(There are a few of you I just don’t have nicknames for as of yet. Soon. Very soon.)

(*Semi-Legal mumbo-jumbo jargon fine print – my thoughts, my words. Bug off if you think you theivin’ them.*)

It is Monday, September 9, 2013. Time….Enraptured…

For me – I just can’t quite process exactly what the experience of tonight was. Can’t put my finger on the feeling.  I can’t quite place the plane of perception. It is familiar, yet vague.

So, the night goes like this:

I texted my friend. He was out. I was going to go meet him for a bit. He was either going to be where he was or down the street. He was where he was….and am I glad he was.

I went inside, we had a beer chit-chatted, with each other as well as some of the girls – all of whom he knows. We left there and went down the street to see a friend of his. While we were there, we had a beer.  Then it was time to make a decision.

Though we both agreed it was time for another beer, the question was where. It was proposed to me that we could stay where we were or go back down the street.

I thought for a moment.

Hmmm…this is a nice bar. Cheap drinks. Eagles game is on. But…

That’s a nice bar. Cheap drinks….half naked women.

So we left and went down the street.

What can I say? Judge me if you must, but it just so happens that ‘Tits & Ass’ are my two favoritest things in the world. (Shrugs.) You know what the kicker is?

They had the Eagles game on.

It was like a double bonus.

You won the ‘Booby Prize’

There’s no doubt to that.

Ok, so…what? Right? Like…ok….what really happened?

I don’t know.

(I really wish you could hear me talking this out as I write. Totally different vibe.

Actually I am filming at the moment.

(Hmmm.)

Alright. So, the first thing you should know is this was actually my first trip to a ‘Titty Bar.’ It’s true. Up until this moment in my life there had been no need, no cause nor desire nor drive. Whatever. Girls shakin’ their shit. So what? (Shrugs.)

It was quite pleasant.

And, I actually mean that. It was a nice bar with a good groove, the people were cool…and there were half naked women.

How could it not be nice?

Ok, so anyway, When I got there he was near the door – and I should stress that I wasn’t going to go in. I was going to wait for him to come out. So, he’s near the door and this saves me the moment of looking like a moron searching him out.

We go. We sit at the bar. He talks to one of the dancers. She’s nice. Cute. OK.

He orders two beers. A girl or two dances. They come around. They get their dollars. Whatever. Business as usual. But her, and she wasn’t the last girl to dance, she caught my eye. She had my attention. When she was done she stopped over to say hello to my friend and then she was off.

Now that I think back on it, in that first round, she was the only girl to not ask for, nor receive, a dollar from me.

In fact, she was the only one all night to not give me ‘my moment.’ Let’s face it. It’s all about the moment. That brief moment when she is your and you are hers. And, it only lasts as long as the passing of a dollar.

The briefest and sweetest love affair.

Every single one gave me ‘my moment’ – eye contact, a pleasant smile, business was done and everyone left happy. Every single one of them, but her. She had her moment, but it was very different.

It’s funny, I was thinking about it on the way home and I thought, “Gee…she didn’t stop time.” The intense ones, the important ones, always stop time. I can mark every significant relationship in my life by the ‘stopping of time.’

I can tell you about Mama’s. .I remember it like it were yesterday. I had just arrived at work, after walking there. She was working and it would be the first time I would meet her. I walked in the door and she was right there…and time stopped. I was had.

I can tell you about ‘Punky Brewster’s.’ It was late November 2009. I was getting a job back that I had left due to unforeseen circumstances. I went in to talk to the manager. She was working. She passed by the counter and asked if they were getting the manager. Time stopped. Her black hair was pulled back in a pony tail. She was wearing these really cool black-rimmed glasses. Her eyes twinkled and her smile was…entrancing.

I can tell you about Dancing Queens’ and even Jenni, Queen of Lords’. Every single one of them has stopped time. But, I can’t recall her ‘stopping time.’ Because she didn’t.

She stopped my world.

Dramatic as it may sound, I have no other words for it. (in his best ‘Jonathon Whitney Whiteman voice.) “Upon analysis of the data available, this is what we got..”

Truth is, it wasn’t the possibility of seein’ boobs n’ butt that took me back to the bar. We were sitting at the other place. The contrast of watching the  football game vs. the half naked women was brought up. Dialogue was had and somewhere in there I threw out, “I’d go back to see [so and so].”

“She works till midnight.”

…….

……..

………

“Well…let’s go.”

So, we went back. Much the same as before. We sat at the bar. We had our beer. Girls danced, shared ‘my moment’. Life was good.

Then she got on stage.

She danced closer to us this time.

I watched.

With the other girls I would glance, appreciate. Then I’d turn back to my friend and we’d talk. I’d glance at the game. I enjoyed every single one of them…and I hope I conveyed that in my moment.’ Each of them unique and exotic in her own way. Each was good at what they were doing. Not a one of them would I have turned away, and they came in all shapes and sizes and tones and hues.

But her…

When she hit the stage there was nothing else. When I think back on the other girls, when I return to those moments, I can tell you things about the bar. For instance, the gentleman not quite across from us at the bar. 38-45. Sweatshirt. Must have been a regular. The dancers knew him…and performed just a bit extra for him. One sat with him when we arrived. Another joined later.

The group of at the corner of the bar consisting of varying dancers, in and out, and who I believe was a kitchen employee. Female, black hair. White ball cap. Grey camo-ish, oversized sweatjacket. Likable, but stressed.

But when I think back on her moment, I can see none of that. She hit the stage and I tuned everything else out. It must have been like watching my 6 yo daughter (or 78 yo father) watch TV. I was fixated and focused. My friend even commented on it.

“Dude, you’re like…stumped.”

No lie. I did not look at him nor break my concentration. I merely put my hand up to him and went…

“Sh…sh..sh…shhhhh. You just have to give me this moment. I’m in love.”

He laughed, “You know, when she comes over here I’m going to tell her you love her.”

I thought about it for a moment. My mind raced through the possibilities of what could follow. She could care less, brush it off as the same line she’s heard 1,000 times, in which case my life has not changed on iota. Nothing’s different. She could care less who I am. This is most probable. No harm, no foul. I’m ok with this.

Or, for just one small, brief and fleeting, almost unrecognizable second some part of her will take him seriously enough that a window of opportunity will open and I will have ‘my moment.’

And a moment is all I need.

Moments are more powerful than any other magick I have ever encountered. They are both bold…and minute. The face of the earth can change in a moment – earthquakes, tidal waves, volcanoes and such.

In fact, every moment that passes, the face of the earth is constantly changing little tiny shifts at a time. It is how long and with how much pressure that determines if the change we see is a tremor or a full-blown quake.

So…sure. What the fuck? Give me ‘my moment'’. Tell her I ‘m in love with her. Win or lose, I’ll have ‘my moment.’

So, she comes over and says hi to him. They know each other.

He says, “This is Matt. he’s in love with you.”

She turns and says, “Really?”

It was really, like, no big deal. It was the moment as you would expect the moment to be. He said it. She played into it because that’s what she does. (Riiiight?) Life was as normal as life could be. Whatever.

But, she turned and looked at me and said, “Really,” and I looked up at her, dead straight in the eyes and I said, “Ab-so-lutely..”

Folks, sure as rain, never were there truer or more sincere syllables spoken from these lips. I have never been so matter-of-fact. I was being 150% sincere. As unfathomable, impractical and unrealistic that may seem it is what it was. She had me.

She had me from the first move she made. She was exquisite. She was…an artist. And, believe it or not, that is what first caught my attention. And, kept it.

Say what you will, think what you must, but it was NOT her half naked body that truly caught my attention. Yes, she’s a gorgeous girl. She’s got a slammin’ body that just won’t quit. Every inch of her was absolutely delicious. I promise you.

But that is not what drew me in.  I first noticed her artistry. I mean, I saw her. I looked. I appreciated. And then, I moved on just like with every other girl. Business as usual. But then she moved.

That is what first captured me – the artistry with which she did what she does. The next thing I ‘noticed’ was her energy. Then her Spirit..

That was when I decided to tune everything else out. That was it. That was when the world stopped. There was nothing but her. I watched the entire rest of her routine, every muscle she used. I watched as she drifted into that ‘Artist’s Space Between Here and Somewhere.’ And yes…I looked her over from head to toe. I in no way am trying to deny that aspect of things. By the end of her dance I was very familiar with her body. And, yes, I had every thought you are imagining…and probably then some. But I tell you true, by that point, this is just icing on the cake. I mean, really, she’s not only THE most intense spirit I have encountered in a very, very long time…she just also happens to be the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on. When I say ‘beautiful,’ I mean she was gorgeous and cute and adorable and sensual and exotic,…and when you have that many words, “Beautiful” is the only one that suffices.

So yes, in the moment I was asked, I was, “Absolutely,” in love with her.

But that moment has passed and it is what it is. It was what it was. And, I make very little of it. There was much more to the night than her. There was a slew of energies and shifts and changes and happenings.

Moments.

She was but one of them. She was merely one moment in a mass of moments delivered with purpose. (Albeit, my favorite.) I do not know what tonight was. I’m not that arrogant. It will be a long time before I will understand what the ‘whole’ of tonight was. I felt it happening the moment I stepped through the door the first time. I felt the shifts. I felt the changes.

I felt the…moments.

I have studied ‘Moments’ for a very long time. I have watched them and analyzed them and sometimes even created them. All I can say about the ‘Moment of Tonight’ is that it’s the kind of Moment I always look back on and go, “hmmm….”

Theme of the Week:

 ‘twere but just a moment…

 

On that note…I realized today that in yesterday’s post the Observation of the Week as it was written was wrong. The stories and message were correct and on point, but I had copied and pasted the font so that I used the right one. I never changed it to the actual Observation.

This is partially due to the fact that I struggled with the wording of it all last night. I think I have it now, so, allow me to present once more…

Observation of the Week:

Sometimes…We ‘Get It’ “Backwards”

From here in Geistopia, for now and for always, I am your beloved Rev. wishing you…

Love

Light

Peace

and Freakishness.

Feedback

Feedback has always been my favorite part of WTML, and also, the one I get to play with the least. I have long said that this is actually the most vital part of the project and have strongly encouraged folks to leave comments, questions and the like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pause for Station Identification

Re-chekin' the 11-Day Chicken

To Be Continued....(sometime...)