What Am I Doing Here?

Hey Gang!

Welcome to my life…

Where anything is possible and nothing is as it seems. I’m Freedom and I’ll be your host, coming at you from within…

The Depths of Geistopiaaaaaaaaaa

Velcum to my Life ees a prochect, un experiment een Life unt ART, A liwing storyboard, if you vill. Eet’s premise ees zat you can, and do, experience za life you choose. Eet ees based on za Veel of Life unt za ARTs for za New Millennium as life building tools. Ya. Eet’s true.

Welcome to my Life is an ITV Studios/Geist…House production. JustUs Productions, the parent company, would like to give a ‘Shout-Out’ to the following for their ongoing, and oft times unknowing, inspiration and support:

Princess Cuddlebug

Princess Sunshine

Craze & Co.

The Shaman

The Pillar

The Entire Putt-Putt-Putter Clan

FaeriePrincess

Berton

The VanMan (may he R.I.P.)

Osteen, the Son

Redds

Mudder

Mudslide Bill

The Lost One

Jojo Dancer

Senior Swankypants

The Socialite

The Nameless One

The Ziatonic Antagonist

Otto

Prof. Siggy Chong

Pasturizer

Dancing Queen

Downtown Encyclopedia Brown

Mama Rabbit

And, of course, a very generous sponsor who pretends to want to be anonymous.

(There are a few of you I just don’t have nicknames for as of yet. Soon. Very soon.)

(*Semi-Legal mumbo-jumbo jargon fine print – my thoughts, my words. Bug off if you think you theivin’ them.*)

It is Monday, July 21, 2014. Time….Disseminating.

Blessed Be

Little By Little

Live…And Love

Feedback

Feedback has always been my favorite part of WTML, and also, the one I get to play with the least. I have long said that this is actually the most vital part of the project and have strongly encouraged folks to leave comments, questions and the like.

There is no Feedback this week.

As always, it has been an active and interesting time here in Geistopia. And, as always, work was scarcely a part of it. But perhaps more on that a little bit later.

There has been a lot going on around here. A lot of shifts and changes – large and small. And, I fear they are far from done. I have done a fairly good job of keeping myself busy, despite the lack of actual work.

I have been in a frenzy getting the property up to snuff. There were a good number of beds that needed clearing and mulching, so I have been taking care of that. Little by little they have been coming together. I have added to beds, created new beds and even eliminated one or two along the way and the yard is really starting to look better.

I heard rumor that in the south, such as the Carolinas, they use pine needles as mulch because they have an excess of pine trees. So do we. Another project was building what I am calling ‘A Mulch Bed.’ I am sweeping all of the pine needles into there as well as gathering fallen branches and such. It has done wonders for cleaning up the yard. I am going to use this ‘mulch’ in places where it would be wasteful to use regular mulch.

I’m really into this whole re-using everything – letting the property feed the property. I have even built an ash pit to dispose of the fire pit ashes. I am going to add coffee grounds and egg shells to this mixture and next year I will use it to fertilize the garden and beds.

Over the weekend, the Princesses and I managed to get more work done in the attic. We just had perfect weather for it. Also,m the fan in the roof is finally working again so that helped cool it down. We still have a lot of work to do, but, again, little y little it is shaping up. In fact, the attic is the last area I really need to get under control. Everything else i s cleaned up and organized.

In my “free-er” time I have been cataloguing my digital music library. Over the years I accumulated a lot of music from a lot of different sources. So, I have been making sure everything is labeled correctly, grouped and rated.

I didn’t realize just how vital music is to my existence. I mean, I have always known how much I have enjoyed it, but I didn’t realize how much it actually fills me and completes me. As I have been going through my current music library I have been reminded of days past when I owned a vast collection of CDs and a 200 Disc changer. I recall what it was like for people to just come over and hang out. We’d put the music on and just let it run and it would play the most random and incredible variety of music. It was always a different trip and an excellent journey.

I could do that once more. Only now I can do it in a variety of ways – by genre, by artist(s), by rating, etc. In fact, I am listening to all of my 5-Stars on shuffle right now.

I have been re-establishing my daily routine. Getting my groove back, as it were. I have realized it is not always best to just try to jump back into things. So, little by little I have been getting back into it. Instead of piling on everything at once I have been focusing on certain areas at a time. I get them under control and to the point that I don’t even really have to think about doing them just getting them done and then I add something new.

This has been working phenomenally. More and more each day, little by little, everything is coming together – getting under control and being maintained.

I’ve been doing the same thing on a weekly basis. I’ve been taking care of the trash each week. I have been doing the lawn more regularly. I have been able to keep up with a regular cleaning regimen and, to my surprise, am going to be able to continue the streak this week.

Through all of this, Little by Little I have been feeling internal changes as well. I am very aware of certain negativities and patterns slowly, but most surely, dissolving. I can feel myself becoming more and more aware of the Divine presence of Life.

Despite the lack of work, I have had no needs nor wants. If I have, they have all been met. Sometimes in surprising ways. I have been blessed.

We are all blessed.

Life truly is a beautiful and amazing experience to be had. I find myself in awe of living more and more each day. For quite some time now I have been working under the Principle ‘Live and Love.’

I’ve always been good at the living part – making the most of things, getting by, having a good time. But, I have realized lately how lacking I was on the loving living part. Like every aspect of living. All of the moments and experiences – the work and the play, the joys and the sorrows. the sunshine and the rain.

But what of my original question – why am I here?

By ‘here’ I mean Geistopia, of course.

Over the years, I think almost everyone has asked this question. Why am I still here – after all the years, after everything that has happened?

Once, the Pillar suggested perhaps it has nothing to do with me or my family but the Princesses. This makes sense. Their lives would have been completely different if I hadn’t been living here. First and foremost, they probably would not have seen much of my parents or family. This would have been fine by me but not so good for them.

They wouldn’t have had the same opportunities or experiences.

If I had been anywhere but here they would not have been afforded the balance that Geistopia offers their lives.

On another occasion, the Shaman hinted that there were leylines, not only running through Geistopia, but crossing there as well. This would also make sense. Being who I am, I would work best over a leyline. Also, it would explain away much of the magic of Geistopia.

But, as I have been working through things these past several weeks I have begun to wonder if perhaps this is not why I have been here all this time.

This is a decent sized house and property. I personally would say big but I have seen bigger of both. And, both the property and the house take a lot of work and effort to keep up with.

The simple fact of the matter is that, currently, there is no one in the house that can do it all except for me.

I mean, my sister could do it. She just doesn’t. She goes to work, or out to her social life, and spends the rest of her time in her room. But even if she would come out to do something, I can’t imagine it would be the yard. She used to clean the downstairs bathroom about once every two weeks but that has stopped too.

My mother never has been one for doing a whole lot around the house. But then she has never really been around the house herself. I have often wondered if she even fully comprehends what goes in to keeping and maintaining Geistopia. But, even if she did and was motivated to do so, she really can’t at this stage of the game. She just can’t get around to clean right or maintain the flower beds.

And my father, well, he sort of does things. He usually starts a thing, gets half way, stops, and leaves everything like that for about a week or two. The rest of his time is spent in his recliner. This is fine. Except for the not finishing things and leaving shit laying around.

So there is no one but me to do it.

The truth of the matter is that under current circumstances there is not a one of us that could live anywhere but here. Each for our own reasons. But to be here the work must be done and so it seems it falls to me.

I am fine in all of this. I have always been fine in all of this. In fact, I find it amusing because I have always said that I was here to help my family to which they would respond, “there is nothing you can do for us, nothing we want from you and no way you can help us.”

I could help them more but they still stubbornly refuse to accept me and my thoughts.

In fact, all of this work I have done over the past several weeks has yet to be acknowledged or thanked. But that’s ok, because that’s not why I am doing it.

From here in Geistopia, for now and for always, I am your beloved Rev. wishing you…

Love

Light

Peace

and Freakishness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pause for Station Identification

Re-chekin' the 11-Day Chicken

To Be Continued....(sometime...)