Ugh

May 7, 2012;

Hey Gang!

Welcome to my life…

Where anything is possible and nothing is as it seems. I’m Freedom and I’ll be your host, coming at you from within…

The Depths of Geistopiaaaaaaaaaa

Velcum to my Life ees a prochect, un experiment een Life unt ART, A liwing storyboard, if you vill. Eet’s premise ees zat you can, and do, experience za life you choose. Eet ees based on za Veel of Life unt za ARTs for za New Millennium as life building tools. Ya. Eet’s true.

Welcome to my Life is an ITV Studios/Geist…House production. JustUs Productions, the parent company, would like to give a ‘Shout-Out’ to the following for their ongoing, and oft times unknowing, inspiration and support:

Princess Cuddlebug

Princess Sunshine

Craze & Co.

The Shaman

The Pillar

The Entire Putt-Putt-Putter Clan

FaeriePrincess

G-Man

Berton

The Baker of the Cornbread

The VanMan (may he R.I.P.)

The Messengers of the Galactic Federation

Osteen, the Son

The Sitter

The WhiteRose

The Fallen Angel

CH-Eckhart

Sir Thomas

Jojo Dancer

Mr. NiceGuy

Senior Swankypants

Da Boyz from da Hood

The Witch Dr.

The ‘Original’ Mr. Baggins (and His Wife)

The Socialite

B-Lo

The WhiteGurl

“Ronnie’s Boy”

CH-Eckhart

LisaLisa Monet

The Ziatonic Antagonist

Otto

Prof. Siggy Chong

Pasturizer

The Piz-Nifer

Dancing Queen

Downtown Donny Brown

Mama Rabbit

And, of course, a very generous sponsor who pretends to want to be anonymous.

(*Semi-Legal mumbo-jumbo jargon fine print – my thoughts, my words. Bug off if you think you theivin’ them.*)

It is Sunday, May 6, 2012. Time….Burnt!

This week was so wonderfully intense. In fact, it was so intense that by the end of the week I could barely remember the beginning. Whatever it was, though, it had to be good.

I’m sitting here now, looking at my notes and wondering just what happened at the beginning of the week to spawn such interesting jottings. You see, as I go through the week, I jot little reminders down of what it is I would like to write about – such as the Theme, Lesson and Observation. I’m just not entirely certain what stories spawned all of these things.

I suppose I could just tell each story and see where we end up. Perhaps I should throw caution to the wind and just write to write and see what comes out.

My life and mind are in a whirl lately – what with trying to keep up with goings on and at the same time preparing to let go of reality.

I have had this really productive jaunt going on here of late. All sorts of things are getting done and organized – taken care of and in their place. Work has been good. Of course, it could always be better, but I am seeing that take form.

I have been reaquainting myself with a spirit I haven’t known for some time. It’s almost as if a certain degree of life has been breathed back into me. And, in usual fashion, the more things change – the more they stay the same.  Things are finding their place, but they all seem to be returning to places they once were.

I feel good about what is happening and I what I believe is to come.

It will not be an easy road but it is one that I must travel and there is much to be done.

Of course, I am talking about life in general, I could just as easily be speaking about the Rediscovery Tour.

The Princesses and I have been having a wonderful time these past few weeks and I think the summer will be just as wonderful – even with the Rediscovery Tour to interfere. This past weekend we went to Spoutwood Farms in Glen Rock, PA for their annual May Day Faerie Festival.

May Day Faerie Festival

It was a most excellent time. We all enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and are looking forward to returning next year. However, next year we are going to make a weekend of it I think.

IMG_0476

The Festival  Site from where we were parked

IMG_0477

The Princesses getting ready to walk

IMG_0481

This was the most incredible sounding instrument

IMG_0482

Nice crowd

IMG_0483

A blacksmith.

IMG_0484IMG_0485

Part of the Faerie Maze

IMG_0486IMG_0487IMG_0490

Some Faerie Habitats

P1060036

This guy was my favorite.

And…suddenly it is Thursday morning and I still typing away. This is really starting to bother me actually. I think next week I am going to make the official Re-Discovery Tour post. By then, all information should be in and I should be able to post it the way I would like.

I thought about skipping out on stuff again this week, but then, that’s kind of pointless isn’t it? So with that…

 

Be Demanding

It’s the hardest thing, I think. We’re not really programmed that way. We’re made that way, but we’re not programmed that way. Especially in regards to Divinity.

We always teach/preach this very submissive role in our relationship to Divinity. But it was two ministers that opened my eyes. One, of course, was Osteen, The Son. I listened to these sermons and read these words and I started thinking on it.

The Divine promise is that we get what we ask for. You have to set the limits and the standards and all of that. But, as I said, we have all of these statements that tell us otherwise..

“The Lord works in mysterious ways…”

“Everything happens for a reason…”

“Do not lean on your own understanding…”

“Blessings in disguise…”

And, all of these are very true. Yet, at some point you gotta take the bull by the horns…

(Grab life by the balls as it were…)

And just…Be Demanding. You have to be forceful and precise. You have to insist. Define your needs and demand they be met. Tell Divinity it is time…now.

So Mote It Be!

For example, I am always grateful for the work and income that I do get. I could use more. Every day, every week, I ask – nicely, politely…so demure.

“Oh please, Lord. Please let this be the week it all turns around. Please let it change soon.”

Perhaps, based on this new Lesson, a better approach would be…

“Yo, Dude, get on that shit would ya?!?”

I think this can carry over into our human relationships as well. I think, because we are not programmed that way, more often than not, we can find ourselves letting someone walk on us or take advantage of us…or screw us…all because we can’t define our needs and our boundaries and insist that those around us respect and follow them.

In which case, “Be Demanding,” suddenly translates into, “To Thine Own Self Be True.”

 

Change Your Perspective; Accentuate The Positive

This is so obvious, right?

“Always look on the bright side of life”

Right?

But how often do we? How often do we look at, perhaps the most negative experience, and find the nougat of blessing within?

How often do we come face to face with a person we just don’t “click” with and find all of the good things about them?

I’m guilty of this.

But, it is something I wish to change. What we put out comes back to us. So, if we only put out positivity and blessings, then no matter what comes at us there will be positivity and blessing within.

And…finally….

When All Else Fails – Return To Your Last Save Point

One of the most familiar and common stresses in my life is people telling me that it should be different. All of these people around me insisting that I am doing something wrong.

(Of course, these are the same people that want “something” from me…)

For a long time, I think I agreed with them.

I do not like being (almost) 40 and being in the situation that I am. But, it is what it is. So I decided to take another look at what it is…change my perspective, if you will.

For the past 14 years, my life has been in a constant state of change – starting and stopping and…restarting differently. There have been longer periods between changes and more brief ones.

For example, Mama was a long period. The time we got together to the time we separated was about 4 1/2 years. But even within that period there were so many changes – 2 moves, 2 jobs, 2 kids.

But, all along the way there are so many stop/start points where things changed drastically. Go back to the beginning – I had a “regular” job, friends, activities and hobbies. I was living a normal life. And, I quit it all because something else was calling to me. So, in essence, I started life all over again. Everything was very different.

Several years, and a couple of Spiritual Quests later, cam e ‘Annie'.’

‘Annie’ was supposed to be the culmination of all my work and study. Instead, ‘Annie’ “destroyed” me. I lost everything. And, life started over once more.

Enter the Mama.

And, when she would leave, she would take everything with her…and life would start over once more.

Then prison and when I came out…life would start over once more.

Then in late 2010, after a year of pushing and trying and failing I found myself once again with nothing more than my vehicle. (Though at times I have been left with less than that.)

So where do you begin the count? By which moment do we gauge the “success” or “failure” of my life?

Do we return to the beginning? If that is the case, then yes something should be different. But what of all the changes along the way that found my life resetting itself to zero?

So do we start at the end of ‘Annie’? Or, how about Mama leaving? Maybe getting out of prison? Each of these things left me penniless and jobless…and almost hopeless. No matter how far I had gone in between, each of these events had me starting completely over with very little more than whatever talents, resources and ingenuity I could pull on.

And, looking back on all of these moments can get frustrating. Because I, more than anyone, wish my life were different than it is.

(But, it is what it is because of commitments made…)

But, then, I think about it. And the most practical thing to do is return to the last big change. The most recent “save point”, if you will. For me, this would be late 2010 into early 2011. This was when I found myself, once more, with nothing. It is also then that things began to shift and solidify.

I had no job but found 3. The computer was down and out but it got repaired. I had no money but began to make some.

There was finally some hope and some promise on the horizon.

The question now is – Has there been improvement…advancement since then.

The answer is quite simply, “Yes.”

Things still are not perfect or ideal and there is much much room for improvement. But, there has been advancement.

As a solid example, I just recently did my P&L for the first quarter of the year. Though the numbers are not astounding there was something that caught my attention. I made 2.5x more money during the first quarter of this year than I did the first quarter of last year.

I think that’s noteworthy. And, with the room for improvement I have left to work with I would hope that next year’s first quarter will find similar results.

I have a client in a similar situation and I shared this idea with her. Last year at this time she had no job, no home. Her daughter as well was struggling.

The other day she was commenting on how frustrated she is that she has this to worry about and that to worry about – this hasn’t changed and so on and so on. And I reminded her how much has changed. She is working. She lives in a a cottage. her daughter has made the connections in the industry she wanted and is on a fast trak to success.

Return to your last save point…and as long as there has been improvement you’re doing ok.

Feedback

Feedback has always been my favorite part of WTML, and also, the one I get to play with the least. I have long said that this is actually the most vital part of the project and have strongly encouraged folks to leave comments.

From here in Geistopia, for now and for always, I am your beloved Rev. wishing you…

Love

Light

Peace

and Freakishness.

“I have the work that God has given me…”

That’s right.

That’s completely unrealistic…

Ze definishunz are taken from ze Merriam-Vebster online dictunary

 

Mama Rabbit

Daddy ‘D’

The Good Pastor

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pause for Station Identification

Re-chekin' the 11-Day Chicken

To Be Continued....(sometime...)