I Dream a Little Dreeeeam of You…..

So, I just found a reason to keep the laptop upstairs with me at night – dream journaling. I just awoke from one of my “crazy” sessions. I needed to write it down and had nothing to write on. Then I thought, “wouldn’t this be great to share on the blog?” (Until one of you turns out to be a dream interpreter and you tell me how crazy I am.) Also, (and this will make more sense when the videos start posting) it’s about that time of the night when the itch kicks. I realized I’d be up for the next 20 minutes scratching. So, I figured what better than to head downstairs and get it down on the laptop (wishing I could have done it right from my bed.) I grabbed some cold pizza and a beer (okay, it’s a Pepsi. But, it would be a beer if I had any…and beer just sounds better) and here I am.

I have been commenting lately that my dream sessions have been very vivid and intense. I have also had difficulty recalling them in the morning. You will now get an example of what I mean.

They say that when recalling dreams it is best to start at the end, the last thing you saw, and work your way backwards. I did this on the way down the steps. Which works out better for you because I can start at my last recollection, which would be my first dream:

I was in a car with a friend. I want to say it was Matt Kuhns, but I can not be certain. We were in my car, but not the van. It seems it was one of my older cars. A small car, yellowish or tanish. (I use to have an Omni that fit that color.) The association is correct because that’s about the time I was hanging out with Kuhns. The interesting thing to me is that he was driving. We were driving in a wooded area. It was very dark and the road was dirt. He couldn’t see the road and wasn’t sure which way to go. I told him to go towards the left. The car ran off the road and started to go down a small hill towards some very large trees with branches everywhere. He stopped the car just before some came crashing through the windshield. He backed the car up and we started out again. Again we missed the road and went all the way down the hill this time. Nothing happened to the car nor to us. But, now we were outside of the car. One of us noticed that the woods came to an end not far from us and that the way was clear enough to get through. I feel like I told him, “grab the car and let’s go.” We came out of the woods and ended up in the field at the end of my road. We walked towards the main road. Between the field and the main road was a small creek. Kuhns didn’t seem thrilled about having to cross it. We crossed it and as we stepped onto the road, I noticed mom’s Cadillac parked in the middle. I approached the driver’s side. My mother and sister were sitting in the car, apparently sleeping. The passenger side window was open and I called into them. They woke up and mom said something, but I don’t know what she said. I only know it explained why they were sleeping in the car in the middle of the road.

End that dream. (Or, at least, the recollection of it.)

And now I am someplace else, at another time. And, I have no idea how I got from point A to point B.

I was at what seemed to be a banquet hall or dining facility. Though, at times in the dream, it seemed it was also my home. We were preparing for a wedding dinner. More like a rehearsal party or something of the sort. There was all kinds of activity going on at first. So much that I can’t really recall it all. I know we put beer in the fridge. Someone mentioned something about the band. There was decorating going on. Here’s the kicker – the bride was Olivia from Jerseylicious. (Anyone who knows me, knows I am totally gaga for this girl.) She wasn’t there at first. But, Gigi was. She was sort of lying on one of the tables going through pictures and doing stuff. She and I got to talking and I must have expressed my “feelings” for Olivia…or I was just that transparent. Gigi started talking about her, almost as if she was trying to “sell” her to me – foster my interest. She handed me a framed, autographed picture of Olivia. She told me to take it. At that point, still “selling” her friend, she said, “She’s so creative.” I smiled and laughed a bit. “I know she is….” I stopped myself, looked at the picture and went into my own revelry, thinking, “I know she is…that’s why I’m so fascinated by her.”

Next thing I know she is there. She’s sitting at a long table, sort of in an alcove. It was as though she were signing autographs. The entire wall above her had a line of photos. The same framed photo that I was holding. And I can recall the photo. The background was a dark bluish with some sort of misty pattern to it – blues and whites and light purples. She was dressed in a white, shimmery dress. We got to talking and now she offered me a photo. I commented on how my daughter’s would appreciate it – knowing that daddy talked to someone from “his show.” I find this interesting because that is exactly what I would do. I would make that moment totally NOT about me. More people showed up. More activity. Next thing I know I find myself in a side hallway with Olivia. We were talking, but were we flirting. Someone came along and slyly accused us of just that. When that person left we were kissing. And not just kissing but like…KISSSING. (been a while since Ive had a kiss like that. lol.) I stopped. I said, “Wait! Isn’t he here? Right in the next room?” She didn’t seem to care but we made our way back into the main room. The tables were full with people eating now. She sat towards the back with me and people I was with. She was slightly drunk now. She asked me to get her stuff. So, I went to the main table and carried her plate and other stuff to her new seat. I went back for her drink. As I picked it up, Gigi got all over me, giving me hell. Yelling at me because this girl was getting married. She said something about me ruining it. She waved her arms and knocked the drink out of my hands (the drink was some sort of orange creamsicle alcoholic drink) and spilling it all over the wedding dress – which suddenly I was wearing. I said not to panic because I knew someone who could fix it. I headed towards the door and into the hallway, where the band was making their way up the stairs, frantically apologizing for being late. I helped them get beers and went back about my business. I walked a short way down the hall to my neighbor’s apartment. Now I am no longer wearing the dress, but carrying it. The guy answers his door and oddly enough he looks just like the guy who actually lived below me in my old apartment. I told him what happened. He said it was no problem and suggested (this is a little hazy) that we do something with the soft, silky fabric she would be wearing with it and the orance creamsicle would come right out. And he even shows me where he had lifted some of the stain. The fabric that he showed me or that part of the dress was a sheer net like fabric. Now we’re in the hall talking to him. For some reason we’re talking about sleeping arrangements. There seems to be a problem with sleeping. I am sitting on one of those small cushiony futons – or Flip n Fucks. He’s going on about how he could sleep in the hall. He said he liked the hall and that he often came out at night and walked it. With that statement, the me in my dream had a flash of having seen him earlier – perhaps doing just that. So, now he’s back in the apartment and I am in the hall with Gigi and someone else. The someone else was concerned about the dress and curious about what was going on with it. Gigi looked nervous and anxious and told this person she didn’t want to know what “he” was doing – referring to my neighbor who was now in his apartment putting on the dress, but also removing the stain….

And that, my friends (those of you who are still willing to be) is where I woke up.

As I recall it here and write it down I am flooded with the reality of it. Like…emotions were felt. Noise was heard. It was all very intense.

So there you have it. Do what you will with it….and have fun. I gotta run to Wawa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pause for Station Identification

Re-chekin' the 11-Day Chicken

To Be Continued....(sometime...)