Another “Daily” Check-In

 

August 9, 2011; 2120

Well, here we are and it is that time once more. What’s that? What time is it?

…………………….

………………………

…………………….

…………………..

*Sings* It’s Howdy Doody time! It’s Howdy Doody Time!

Who could resist that? Really? I mean, the other obvious choice was, “Hammer Time!” But ol'’ M.C. ain’t got nothin’ on that lil red headed doll…and that freakin’ clown. *smiles.*

Anyway…it’s daily check-in time. Not really for you but for myself. So, let’s see. Where am I right now? Who am I today?

I’m feeling good. I’m feeling surprisingly good. I mean, I’m not surprised that I am feeling good. But, I am surprised that I am felling this kind of good…because it has been a very long time. Even when I’m down, I’m up. Even when I dread what I am doing, I do it with effort and concern.

I am  pushing through my week. I feel like I the worst of it is over, almost like the week is half over. But, alas, it isn’t…in either case. It is only Tuesday, I have at least one more day before I can say that it is half over. {If then…}

Nor, is the worst of it over. In fact, I think the “worst” of it comes on Saturday. Tomorrow’s one of those funny days. It looks horrible on paper, but in reality, it will be like a short road trip. Tomorrow will most likely be one of those days when I spend more time driving than I actually do in the stores.

Thursday has some work in the morning. Perhaps two small jobs in the afternoon. But, quite frankly, Thursday is my re-birthday and I’m not sure I’m going to want to do those in the afternoon. However, that would mean doing them Friday and Friday is already a bear (interesting choice.)

Saturday finds me with some work to do in the afternoon. Quite a bit actually. And then, back to Stroudsburg for a lil more churchin’. The Shaman snickered today, “you must have seen something you liked.”

Well…yes.

Yes two-fold, as a-matter-of-fact.

I LOVED the service. It was very free form with a lot of singing and dancing and “testaments.” That’s probably what was most fascinating to me. The whole idea is that, when gathered in a group like that, Spirit gives each a song or a scripture or…a “testament.” So like 3 or 4 people got up and each one said something that, not only made sense to me but also, I connected with. Each had a message that worked for me. But what really caught me was the energy.

I just sat there and reveled in it. As I explained to The Shaman it was so nice to sit there and just enjoy Spirit – to let someone else move it – and just “rest.”

I can’t tell you how many times I jumped in and out of my body during that service. So, I am going back this Saturday because I can. I don’t get the girls until Sunday afternoon.

But there was something after church as well. Something interesting. (Well, two somethings.)

{I’m just not sure which is the “something” that I was there for.}

As I was walking back to my car this girl stops me. She likes my stick.

{Keep it in my pants you perverts.}

My walking stick.

So….I let her hold my stick. {Yes, I’m still talking about the walking stick…sadly.} We get to talking. She works in the coffee house. I give her a business card. She tells me to bring some inside and set them out. (And, if I get a coffee, she’ll make it.) She introduces me to the owner. Who takes my cards and tells me if I have flyers they can put them on the tables.

Girl?

Business?

Girl?

Hmmmm…..

I suppose only future investigation of both will make it clear, eh?

So that is how my vacation will begin – with church and adventure. Then we’re on to Sunday, and Sunday is going to bring so much funness.

Today was fairly interesting as well. Though, this is another girl story.

I believe I wrote a few weeks back about one of the girls at one of my regular stores. (If you want a woman to notice you…ignore her.)

Well, today we spoke some more. Again, she approached me. It was idle chit-chat really. Then I told her I would see her in a few weeks {because I have the girls for the next two Mon/Tue.} She actually let an “Awww” escape her lips. (And, that was before I told her about my daughters…just to seeing her in a few weeks.) She asked what we were doing and I gave her a quick itinerary. I made a passing reference to maybe bringing them by one day. She seemed to think I should. 

I feel like I am waiting for tomorrow, but I don’t know why. I can’t imagine why. It’s just another day. I mean, true , it is the 1st day of the “Re-birthday Celebration,” but that doesn’t really mean much. First day is usually a wind down day anyway. There is an Outlaws show tomorrow night. Any time they play it means possible sales. Maybe that’s it.

And yet….

I feel like it is something else.

Change is imminent. I can smell it. I could see it for many years now. And, for the past several, I could feel it. But now…now I can smell it. So, it’s got to be close.

‘The Challenge’ is going poorly. Well, actually, it’s going just fine…I’m doing poorly. LMAO.

(One Day.)

Well, for now and for always, from here in Geistopia, I am your beloved Rev wishing you Love, Light, Peace and Freakishness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pause for Station Identification

Re-chekin' the 11-Day Chicken

To Be Continued....(sometime...)