Blah..I’m Tired of Making Up Post Titles

 

Thursday, November 7, 2013; 0745

Well, here it is another day. I suppose the moon is technically still in Crescent and Venus is still playing her games with Pluto.

Yesterday was a very interesting day. In fact, I ended up buying a Powerball ticket and a scratch off ticket because the day was just going so well. (I had no luck on the scratch off.)

I ventured out in the morning just to take care of a few little miscellaneous things. I had a small job to do and I needed to get a new fish for Sunshine. Along the way I decided to stop and get my coffee and return our online rental to Blockbuster. (Yes, we still have a Blockbuster. The very last one in the Lehigh Valley.)

I bought my coffee using change. For all intents and purposes that was free to me. I only count change in my finances when I cash it in. So that was money I ‘didn’t have’ anyway. It turns out that that coffee as my 5th and therefore earned me a free coffee. (Which I did use later in the day.)

So then I get to Blockbuster. Now, I wasn’t to rent a game but then I’ve used the trade-in and the girls can’t get a movie on the weekend. Hmmm?

On the way in there is a sign – Free Rentals for the Rest of the Year. *ask for details*.

So, knowing the manager well, I walked in and asked for details.

“What’s the catch with the free rentals?”

“None, actually.”

All I had to do was sign up for a free 8 week trial of Entertainment Weekly Magazine. I get the magazine for 8 weeks and then they’ll sign me up for a subscription. Of course, I can always cancel before then. And, whether I keep or cancel the subscription I get my 1 99 cent rental free each week for the rest of the year. Not a bad deal.

Now I have my game and the girls can still get their movie.

I did my job and then headed to Wal-Mart. I made a return, bought a fish and a 12 pack of Coke. The total I bought was less than the total and - considering that is all technically borrowed money at the moment - that works.

In the evening I went and meet a friend to share a business idea I have had for 13 years. It was revamped about 8 years ago. I’ve never really been able to get it moving. Perhaps this new interest in it will prove beneficial. I have no doubt about the success of the venture. It is only a matter of getting it going.

The rest of the day was much like the days have been of late. When asked last night how I am doing, I answered, “I don’t know…I jumped down the Rabbit Hole at some point and I’m still there.”

Needless to say this got me a couple of looks but it really is the best answer. Something happened. I don’t know what. I said something, did something…walked through some sort of vortex. I don’t know what it was. But, for several weeks now life has been changing and shifting and morphing. Life has had a life of its own.

I have reached the point where I wake up in the morning and look at what I would like to do that day. Then, before I go to bed, I look at what actually happened. Each day follows its own course. I have found that the best way to navigate this is to, as the old saying goes, Follow the Path of Least Resistance.

So far, this is actually working for me.

My theory is as long as I get through the day and things get done I’m doing ok. Some days I get a lot done. Some days it’s Just Enough. Most days, though I get things done, I get nothing done that I set out to do.

I really am to the point of not fighting it anymore. Just let it be what it will be…and it will be perfect.

I wake in the morning and just set into my day. I follow the flow and let it go.

It has been exhilarating.

The financial front is much as it has always been. Scraping by day by day with always Just Enough to do what needs to be done in the moment.

Well, I suppose it is time to start at the day now. Let’s see where it leads. If nothing else I know the Princesses have a Dr’s appointment later today – Cuddlebug for a check-up, Sunshine to get her stitches out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pause for Station Identification

Re-chekin' the 11-Day Chicken

To Be Continued....(sometime...)