Oh Reverend, Where Art Thou?

Hey Gang!

Welcome to my life…

Where anything is possible and nothing is as it seems. I’m Freedom and I’ll be your host, coming at you from within…

The Depths of Geistopiaaaaaaaaaa

Velcum to my Life ees a prochect, un experiment een Life unt ART, A liwing storyboard, if you vill. Eet’s premise ees zat you can, and do, experience za life you choose. Eet ees based on za Veel of Life unt za ARTs for za New Millennium as life building tools. Ya. Eet’s true.

Welcome to my Life is an ITV Studios/Geist…House production. JustUs Productions, the parent company, would like to give a ‘Shout-Out’ to the following for their ongoing, and oft times unknowing, inspiration and support:

Princess Cuddlebug

Princess Sunshine

Craze & Co.

The Shaman

The Pillar

The Entire Putt-Putt-Putter Clan

Berton

Mudslide Bill

The VanMan (may he R.I.P.)

Osteen, the Son

Redds

‘The Brain’

Jojo Dancer

Senior Swankypants

The Socialite

The Nameless One

The Ziatonic Antagonist

Otto

Prof. Siggy Chong

Pasturizer

Dancing Queen

Downtown Encyclopedia Brown

Mama Rabbit

And, of course, a very generous sponsor who pretends to want to be anonymous.

(There are a few of you I just don’t have nicknames for as of yet. Soon. Very soon.)

(*Semi-Legal mumbo-jumbo jargon fine print – my thoughts, my words. Bug off if you think you theivin’ them.*)

It is Sunday, May 11, 2014. Time….Relieved

Everything Happens For a Reason

Take a Leap of Faith

Believe

Feedback

Feedback has always been my favorite part of WTML, and also, the one I get to play with the least. I have long said that this is actually the most vital part of the project and have strongly encouraged folks to leave comments, questions and the like.

I know. It has been a very long time. Many of you may have thought I disappeared off the face of the Earth.

(Sorry to disappoint you lol)

It has been a crazy year so far. Very intense. There have been ups and downs and quite a few turn-arounds. It has been very odd has the year has flowed. We are in the middle of the 5th month.

January saw its fair share of “down time.” It always does. I don’t even know anymore why I bother looking for something to be different in January. Every year for no less than the past 14 years January has been a very void-ish month. But, then, I suppose it should be.

Whatever January was it seemed to set the stage for things. I only say this, or even think it, because I have been editing video from January and it is interesting to see what I was talking about then and what is happening now. For once, I am kind of glad that I am behind in editing.

So there was almost no work in January. I used the time to get things straightened up from the holidays and start things in other directions. Of course, I don’t really know what I did with a whole month…but I must have done something.

February starts a work cycle. I’m not even exactly sure when in February. It may have been early or late or somewhere in the middle. I only know that for several weeks after it started I was on the fly (quite literally) for several weeks.

It was in and out of town. Out to do work then in for a a couple or a few days – just enough to spend with the Princesses and then back out again. Like I said it was several weeks of this. Towards the end the “in” time got a little longer but was always spent playing catch up on all of the things that didn’t get done during all of the popping in and out.

Truth of the matter is I’m not really sure what happened to Feb, March and most of April. They all seemed to zip by in a frenzy. Things got done, things didn’t get done.

The last few weeks I have been playing catch up once more. Spring/Summer clothes are finally out. The garden is actually just about ready. I know – its very late. We are late with it every year. In fact, last year we were so late with it it never got finished.

Granted there was a lot of work to be done this year. The garden got a slight re-facing. Now all we need is stuff to plant in it LOL. I suppose that will happen in its time.

A lot has gotten done lately. Things have found their place and I like that. All of my spaces are finally functional…and all at the same time. I can’t remember the last time all of my spaces were cleared and fully functioning at once.

It is such an incredible experience. I think maybe that is why so much is getting done. Not only are the spaces functional and working but they are all clear so I can flow from one to another effortlessly. This includes flowing from one task or project to another. When things are all together as they are currently it tends to be good for my ADD. This way I can work for a little, move on, Work for a little, come back, work for a little and so on and so forth through my day.

The past several days have been just that. A lil of this and a lil of that. A few days ago, everything was all caught up and organized. I sat for a moment, reveling in that and looking at just what was accomplished each day. Suddenly, this great sense of peace swept over me. It was a peaceful feeling that I hadn’t had in a very long time.

Work continues to be sporatic. This is something I just can’t seem to get away from. It seems no matter the job I can get it always ends up the same.

There was a job in Puerto Rico recently. I was originally scheduled for it. Then, it got rescheduled to a day I wasn’t available. So, I lost that job. There is one tomorrow and Tuesday, but again, I have to be home Tuesday night for something that is planned with the Princesses. There was a job this past week which overlapped Tuesday as well. I would have had that job except I had my weeks confused and thought our plans were for that day instead of this one coming. By the time I realized it, it was all too late. So there were three jobs come and gone.

On top of it there was a job in Pittsburgh last week. As of Monday morning it was a go. Reservations were made, plans were solid. I picked up the gear and the truck at the office, ran some errands and then was heading out. interestingly enough I suffered a major delay and ended up back at the office for several hours. (We won’t talk about the delay quite yet. It’s just another fine example of the moron I can be.) nonetheless, we got everything straightened out and I was just getting ready to leave the office again when the call came in that the job had been cancelled. The job that had been confirmed and given the green light that very morning was cancelled.

And, work on other fronts has been very weak of late as well.

Yet, through it all, things have been happening. Life has set-off in a new (old) direction.

I am crafting again.

I didn’t realize how much I enjoyed it or even missed it. I knew it was missing from my life but I didn’t realize the void it was leaving.

In the past few weeks I have crafted several staves. I did have help with some of them, but I got them done. This may sound like nothing but in the last week it has changed my life drastically.

I have orders for staves. At least three people in the last week have asked me to make them one. And, there are some beyond that. Now, only one or two of those is actually a paid thing but the fact that there has been such a fiery and quick response to it is impressive.

In fact, one of them only got done because I didn’t get the Puerto Rico job…and that was the one that changed everything. (I guess I know what Jack’s magick is after all.)

Now I figure,, one stick leads to another to another to another and so on. The Pillar even hinted that perhaps I will end up making a living at crafting. He said he knows several people who do.

Perhaps.

Now, on top of the staves, I have two tobacco shops not to far from here that are willing to carry my Pipe Picks on consignment. Again, in the long run I figure one leads to another to another and so on.

I have the inspiration and desire to start crafting things I made in the past, which are also consignment worthy. It just so happens there is a shop down the road that may be the perfect venue.

Here’s the kicker for you. Are you ready? Cause it’s a doozy.

There are two jobs scheduled back to back next week and I don’t think I can do them, because…ready? I can’t afford to.

That’s what I said. I can’t afford to go out on the road. You see the problem is that expenses come out of pocket first and then get reimbursed. I don’t have it in my pocket. I wasn’t certain until about an hour ago. But, I don’t have it in my pocket. My bank account is very low and my card is almost maxed – the card I use for business. This trip has some extra expenses. The rental car is longer and over $200. Then there is food, gas and luggage fees on the airline. But the real kicker is there is a $200 fee to work on the military bases. I’m tapped out after the Military base and the car rental. Beyond that I could pay for nothing and I’m not even certain that I can pull that off.

Needless to say, this is something I need to face and deal with tomorrow. I do not know how it will resolve itself. Perhaps the company will work something out. Perhaps I will see a sudden influx of funds. Perhaps they will send one of the two back-ups. I do not know how it will resolve itself and, quite frankly, I don’t really care.

Now, that sounds worse than I mean it.

It’s not that I don’t care about the job or the work or the income. But, if there is anything the past few weeks has shown me is that everything truly does happen for a reason and exactly on time. So whatever will be, will be.

Que sera, sera.

My finances have gotten out of control over the past few months. Part of this is due to the lack of work recently. Part of it is that there was just a lot to take care of recently. I have had extra business expenses, buying crafting supplies and even a new printer when mine died. There was a 2 day jaunt to the Faerie Festival at Spoutwood Farms. And, of course, there was Easter.

The rest of my troubles are my own doing. I must confess that I have lived quite reckless and carefree recently. I need to pull this back a little bit. And, though it leaves me in a bind, I will not regret it.

I haven’t lived life in so long and recently I have just been going out once a week with a friend and just enjoying myself each day. I can not ever regret that. I needed it, but it has left me in a sort of bind. So it is time to be a little more aware and manage things a lil differently.

There is video eventually on its way. I had gotten behind in things when I was traipsing all over the country and I am just now starting to make a semi-dent in things. I do not want to start posting video though until I am certain that I can continue to each week for a length of time.

Well, I think we are caught up now. Let’s hope I don’t lose my groove again.

From here in Geistopia, for now and for always, I am your beloved Rev. wishing you…

Love

Light

Peace

and Freakishness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pause for Station Identification

Re-chekin' the 11-Day Chicken

To Be Continued....(sometime...)