This One’s Kinda Lame

Hey Gang!

Welcome to my life…

Where anything is possible and nothing is as it seems. I’m Freedom and I’ll be your host, coming at you from within…

The Depths of Geistopiaaaaaaaaaa

Velcum to my Life ees a prochect, un experiment een Life unt ART, A liwing storyboard, if you vill. Eet’s premise ees zat you can, and do, experience za life you choose. Eet ees based on za Veel of Life unt za ARTs for za New Millennium as life building tools. Ya. Eet’s true.

Welcome to my Life is an ITV Studios/Geist…House production. JustUs Productions, the parent company, would like to give a ‘Shout-Out’ to the following for their ongoing, and oft times unknowing, inspiration and support:

Princess Cuddlebug

Princess Sunshine

Craze & Co.

The Shaman

The Pillar

The Entire Putt-Putt-Putter Clan

Berton

The Baker of the Cornbread

The VanMan (may he R.I.P.)

Osteen, the Son

Redds

‘The Brain’

The Firm

The Nameless One

The WhiteRose

Jojo Dancer

Senior Swankypants

Gen. Ralph Glossop

The ‘Wal-rus’

Jethro

The ‘Original’ Mr. Baggins (and His Wife)

The Socialite

Roxie Heart

Mudslide

Prince Charming

Sir Patrick Wylde

Saint Diane

The Ziatonic Antagonist

Otto

Prof. Siggy Chong

Pasturizer

The Piz-Nifer

Dancing Queen

Downtown Donny Brown

Mama Rabbit

And, of course, a very generous sponsor who pretends to want to be anonymous.

(There are a few of you I just don’t have nicknames for as of yet. Soon. Very soon.)

(*Semi-Legal mumbo-jumbo jargon fine print – my thoughts, my words. Bug off if you think you theivin’ them.*)

It is Sunday, January 26, 2014 Time….Unbearable

Feedback

Feedback has always been my favorite part of WTML, and also, the one I get to play with the least. I have long said that this is actually the most vital part of the project and have strongly encouraged folks to leave comments, questions and the like.

There is no actual feedback this week. There also is not a Theme, Lesson or Observation this week. I’m really just kind of at a loss and in a haze.

I’m not even sure what to say at the moment. I’m just trying to ‘do the deed’ here. Get the job done.

Commitment, commitment, commitment.

It is the final spoke on The Wheel of Life. I suppose there is no sense in going through the rest of The Wheel if you are not going to commit to what you have learned and picked up along the way.

Truth be told, I am not really in the mood for this today. My head is foggy with discontent. I’m not even sure where that came from. I started the day very strong. Then I had to step out of my ‘box’ and into reality. I guess that’s when it happened.

I was taking the Princesses back to Mama when I realized the van still seems to be losing gas. This came up a few days ago. I noticed that whenever I was running the heater, which was quite necessary over the past few days, I would get a very distinct smell gasoline. This is when I noticed that I seemed to be burning through gas faster than I should be.

Now, I didn’t do anything about it myself, for the same reason I’m not feeling like doing anything about it now – there’s nothing I can do. I certainly don’t have the funds to take it to the garage. I did, however, mention it to my father, who immediately went to the mechanic about it. It seems that sometimes when the gas lines get very cold it can cause a leak somehow and that leak goes into the heating system. From this report I was left with the feeling that there wasn’t anything to worry about unless the smell continued long term. Well, the smell is gone, but I am still burning through gas. I think.

I am going to verify before I jump to conclusions and get too bent out of shape. I’m going to fill the tank in the morning and then again in a few days and see what the final calculations reveal.

But, enough of my frustrations for now. Let’s see if we can’t report on the week. Things get a lil challenging when the Princesses come because I can’t really stick to my normal regimen of things. I did manage to get all of my devotions and exercises in, even was able to share some with the girls, but I was not able to do my journal or readings.

So, let’s see where we are and what is going on. What exactly is digging its heels in and causing this discontent?

Overall, I can say it was an OK week. I can’t say it was good. I can’t say it was bad. There seemed to be a little bit of both mixed in there. I tried. I failed. I tried again. Some things balanced out. Some things got better, some worse.

I wrestled with the Demon and lost – a few times.

Through the first half of the week I found myself very stressed about a particular job assignment, which I would have been on right now.

I plugged away at things just trying to stay on track with the daily regimen and to be productive, working with whatever I have in front of me. I also did my best to come to terms with and accept certain aspects of my life.

So..how exactly did all of this go?

I started the week feeling pretty good about things in general. I did have my financial concerns do to things that went awry last week and catapulted things way out of my realm of control. I figured there was not much to do except take it day by day, do my best, and see where I was left once all of the smoke cleared. To that end, things are bad, but workable at the moment.

I ended up taking some jobs in the Scranton area on Wednesday, only to discover on Thursday that I didn’t get one of them right. So, I don’t get paid for that one. humorously enough, it is the one that paid for the drive to Scranton. It was $100 and I was very happy about it. But, it is not to be now.

I still made some money and it definitely helped the situation overall, so I suppose I cannot complain.

As for the job assignment, well, I was supposed to leave this morning at 7 for Kenosha, WI. Now, I could have used that money, but it wouldn’t come for about another 3 weeks. But, something just wasn’t feeling right about it. Something was saying don’t go. Not yet.

With everything I have been going through energetically/spiritually lately I could understand that. Perhaps I just wasn’t ready. But, there’s a practical side to life – responsibilities and what-nots. I just couldn’t resolve it internally. I was waiting for a sign, an answer. Something concrete with which I could work. Finally, around Thursday, I gave in to this feeling, made the call and had myself removed from the job. my explanation/rationale was that until I get my life balanced here, I am no good on the road.

Here’s the funny thing. By Friday afternoon, the job had been postponed anyway. It was moved back one week. This actually makes me doubly glad that I had pulled myself off of it. Next Sunday is Imbolc. I am not spending a Holi-day on the road for 12-15 hours. I’m just not. Especially this year.

The Wheel of the Year is a big part of my life, of who I am. Once, I learned of it I observed it. I noticed the cycle working within my own life. Without fail, the energies have been in place. Year after year, for more years than I can track at this point. It is high time that I really share this with the Princesses. We haven’t really focused on my Holi-days over the years.

At first, this was an age thing. They were just too young to comprehend. Then, as we started to talk about them, it was a time thing. No matter what it is, we just don’t ever seem to have enough time to get into it or do it right. This is for activities as well as studying things like Holi-days that so few people talk about. I know it is an adjustment for them. It’s hard enough to process something new, but then add to it the fact that is so different from what their mother shares with them. Well, it’s not too different and that is where confusion can set in. The truth of the matter is that Christianity and The Wheel of the Year, as well as many of my other beliefs, go hand-in-hand.

So, we have never really focused on these things. I mean, we have put a great deal of focus on Yule the past two years. That’s an easy one because it coincides with Christmas and deals with so many of the same things. Of course Samhain/Halloween is similar in this way. So, we have dabbled with that a bit.

But, I want to focus on it with them. I want them to understand the forces behind it all. So, I want to be here for every Holi-day this year. Besides, why should everyone else get to take their Holi-days off without question and I shouldn’t?

We have talked about Imbolc a bit already. I explained to them that there are 3 aspects, or levels, to the Holi-days that I observe. There is the Mythological – the stories about the Gods and Goddesses. These don’t mean so much to me. Mythology is mythology no matter what religion it comes from. Mythology is nothing more than stories to teach us about the glory of existence, as well as the trials. I’m not saying that any of the Mythology, the stories, are false. I am way too ignorant to the workings of the Divine, and the history of man, to make a call like that. I am not saying the Godheads we have all come to know and adore, no matter our path, are not real. Again, my mind is way too small to tackle such a matter. I do know that the things the stories teach us are very real, however. So, we touched briefly on things like Imbolc is the Goddesses return to Maidenhood.

Then there is the agricultural aspect. So often we forget that all of our mythology starts with basic observations about the world around us and what happens naturally. This is where things can get confusing for children who are raised in a different belief. The reality of our agricultural year as opposed to our calendar year can be slightly overwhelming. For so many, Spring begins in another 6-7 weeks. Yet, for those who observe Imbolc it is a mere week away.

This actually makes perfect sense, even just scientifically. The seasons are determined by the movement of the Sun. Yet, the days we observe as the changing of the seasons are actually the midpoints. This is why we know June 21st as Midsummer. On June 21st the Sun has reached it’s highest point in the sky and is beginning it’s descent. It is at it’s apex.

But there’s more to it than that. The things we associate with spring, begin soon – the new life and all of that. Before long, certain animals will begin lactating. The days will begin to get warmer and green will inevitably push it’s way through the white blanket.

In truth, it was the observation of Imbolc that really tipped me off to the power of the Wheel of the Year. What I have been experiencing this past month is nothing new. Every January for a decade now has been very similar. Life seems to shut down in January and only about this time of the month do I start to see some semblance of the life ahead.

Again, this is not a major focus for me. Does it really matter when exactly the season begins and ends or is it more important that we use it when it is here?

This is where the 3rd aspect comes in – the Energetic. The Wheel of the Year is easy to understand really. Just look at what is happening in the natural world around you. Imbolc is all about New Beginnings. It is about planting the seeds of the harvest we wish to reap by Samhain.

But, anyway, I digress.

Sigh. I wish I could have done better today. I still have so much I could write but I am running short on time. If I am going to stick to my guns and keep this roller coaster of commitment I am on then I still have a lot to do. I have paperwork that must be submitted, a short script to write and shoot and be out of here at 630 tomorrow morning. And quite frankly, I could just lie down and sleep.

I supposedly have a job lined up for the week. it is a job I believe I need desperately. But, then, when I have I really known anything?

We will just see how this week plays out.

From here in Geistopia, for now and for always, I am your beloved Rev. wishing you…

Love

Light

Peace

and Freakishness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pause for Station Identification

Re-chekin' the 11-Day Chicken

To Be Continued....(sometime...)